The free & reduced meal application will now be a part of our new Skyward Family Access online re-enrollment process. Parent/Guardians of returning students should watch for an email with instructions on how to log in to and use the Skyward Family Access portal to complete the entire enrollment process including applying for free & reduced meals and textbook assistance online for their child beginning on July 26, 2019. Enrolling online not only will save time it will also ensure that we have accurate, up-to-date information for your child.
Through the Skyward Family Access portal Parent/Guardians will also be able to:
- Pay for Textbook Rental Fees (TBR)
- Apply for free or reduced meals and/or
- Make deposits into your child’s lunch account
Items to remember when filling out application for
free or reduced price meals & textbook assistance
- Please fill out only one application per household listing all students and their grade levels living in the household. We will notify individual buildings of your child's assistance for meals and/or textbooks.
- You must provide ALL GROSS income information for your household. Applications that state "No Income or Zero Income" can only be approved temporarily and you will be contacted to provide proof of income to continue your child's benefits.
- Households receiving Food Stamps or TANF need to supply us with their TANF Case Number. Your TANF number is a 10-digit number beginning with 1-0 and can be found on any correspondence you have received from Child and Family Services. This IS NOT your EBT or Hoosier Healthwise number.
- Please make sure you provide us with a complete application. Applications without out the last four of your social security numbers or that have not been signed are considered incomplete and can not be processed.
- If you need assistance with both school meals and textbooks please remember to provide all the required information household income) and SIGNATURES in both STEP 4 and STEP 5 of the application.
Please review the Parent/Guardian instruction letter for more detailed instructions on how to apply for free or reduced meals and other benefits.
Should you have any questions, you may contact Lisa Hall at the Wa-Nee Administration Office, 1300 N Main St, Nappanee, IN 46550 or call 574-773-3131.