Many students move through their school years with college as their main goal. Some students can become discouraged when thinking about the amount of money and time that it takes to earn a bachelors degree from a university. Dual credit is a program that can alleviate this stress. High schools and universities have begun to work together to offer courses that allow high school students to simultaneously earn college credit and high school credit at a discounted cost to the student.
- Wa-Nee students have increased the number of dual credits earned from 951 in 2010-11 to 2,198 in 2014-15.
- NorthWood offers dual credit in math, English, science, social studies, foreign language and agriculture.
- SAT average scores at NorthWood HS have also increased for five consecutive years. They have been above the state average the last two years.
- Wa-Nee has had over 70-percent of each senior class participate in the SAT, which is well above the state average.
- Students have also consistently scored above the state average the last five years on the ACT.