Kindergarten registration for Wa-Nee elementary students will be held on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 from 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm at Nappanee, Wakarusa and Woodview Elementary Schools.
Please bring your child to the round-up as some of the elementary schools will be administering an assessment on incoming kindergarten students. You should allow approximately 45 minutes to complete the registration process.
If you are unsure which elementary district you live in please contact one of the school offices for additional information. School contact information is listed below.
The purpose of kindergarten round-up is to gather information on students entering kindergarten, to assist in planning for next year's kindergarten classes and to assist parents in preparing their children for kindergarten.
To be eligible for kindergarten, a child must be five years of age on or before August 1, 2017.
Information you will need to bring to register your child includes:
- Legal Birth Certificate from the County Health Department where they were born. A Birth Certificate with footprints from the hospital will not work.
- Proof of Residency
Proof of Residency Requirements
- Immunization Records (shot records)
Minimum state requirements for all children newly enrolled in kindergarten
5 DTAP 2 MMR 2 Varicella 4 Polio
3 Hepatitis B 2 Hepatitis A
- DTaP - Four doses of DTaP/DTP/DT are acceptable if 4th dose was administered on or after child’s fourth birthday.
- Polio - Three doses of polio vaccine are acceptable if 3rd dose was administered on or after child’s fourth birthday and the doses are all IPV or all OPV. The 4th dose of polio vaccine must be administered on or after child’s fourth birthday.
- MMR – Two doses of MMR. If given as single antigen, 2 Measles, 2 Mumps and 1 Rubella required.
- Varicella - Two doses of varicella vaccine separated by at least 3 months are recommended for all elementary-aged students. Physician documentation of disease history, including month and year, is proof of immunity for children entering preschool, kindergarten and 1st grade. A signed statement from the parent/guardian indicating history of disease, including month and year is required for children in grades 2-12.
We must have a birth certificate and students must have all required state immunizations in order to start school in August.
School Contact Information:
Nappanee Elementary, 755 East Van Buren St., Nappanee – 574-773-7421
Woodview Elementary, 800 East Woodview Dr., Nappanee – 574-773-3117
Wakarusa Elementary, 400 North Washington St., Wakarusa – 574-862-2000