Kindergarten registration for Wa-Nee elementary students will be held on Tuesday, March 19, 2019. Parents may attend an informational meeting and register their child at either 9:30 a.m. or 5:30 p.m. at Nappanee, Wakarusa, and Woodview Elementary Schools. If you are unsure which elementary district in which you live, please contact one of the school offices for additional information.
Staff will be administering an assessment for our incoming kindergarten students at a later date. You will sign up for a date/time during the registration. Please do not bring children other than your kindergarten student with you.
Information you will need to bring to register your child includes:
- Legal Birth Certificate from the County Health Department (we are not permitted to accept hospital birth certificates)
- Immunization (shot) records
- Proof of Residency - Proof of Residency Requirements
The minimum state vaccine requirements for all children newly enrolled in kindergarten are as follows:
School Contact Information:
- DTaP - 5 DTaP/DTP/DT (Diphtheria, Pertussis and Tetanus) or 4 if the 4th dose was administered on or after the 4th birthday.
- Polio - 4 doses - 3 doses of Polio are acceptable for all grade levels if the third dose was given on or after the 4th birthday and at least 6 months after the previous dose with only one type of vaccine used (all OPV or all IPV).—For students in grades K-9, the final dose must be administered on or after the 4th birthday and be administered at least 6 months after the previous dose.
- MMR – 2 Measles/Mumps/Rubella
- Varicella - 2 doses of Varicella (Chickenpox) vaccine on or after the first birthday or Physician written documentation of history of chickenpox disease, including month and year of disease.
Nappanee Elementary, 755 East Van Buren St., Nappanee – 574-773-7421
Woodview Elementary, 800 East Woodview Dr., Nappanee – 574-773-3117
Wakarusa Elementary, 400 North Washington St., Wakarusa – 574-862-2000