NWHS Announcements: 04/23/21
NORTHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING ANNOUNCMENTS
Friday, April 23, 2021
- Attention all students: The mask ordinance is in effect for all schools in the State of Indiana for the remainder of the school year. All students must wear masks and it is important to wear them correctly covering both the nose and the mouth. Elkhart county moved back into the orange category on Wednesday and mask wearing will help everyone to stay as safe as possible. Thank you for your continued cooperation.
- Students interested in running for Student Council for the 2021-22 school year should pay attention to their emails and Skyward Access Portals. Applications have been sent and you may print & complete them, and then submit them to Mr. Risedorph by today. If applications are not submitted, you will not be able to run or join student council for the 2021-22 school year.
- The Prom Club Committee will meet Wednesday, April 28th during homeroom.
- Juniors and Seniors: you can buy your Prom tickets before school in room 815 between 7:30 and 7:55 or after school in room 818 between 2:30 and 3:00. Tickets are $35 per person. The prom will take place at Riverside Terrace in Mishawaka on May 15th.
- We are having an art show at the end of the year! If you are a senior who has taken art classes and interested in setting up a senior show case at the art show, please come to Mrs. McGowen’s room 820 to pick up the information and the application. The senior show case spots will be first come, first serve so don’t wait! The applications are due on May 7.
- If you ordered a t-shirt from Bring Change To Mind, you may pick it up between 3 and 5 today at the front entrance
- Congratulations to all of our Academic Teams who competed in the Area Competition on Tuesday evening and represented us so well. Extra Congratulations to the Math, Science and Interdisciplinary Teams who have qualified for the State competition on Monday, May 10th. Good luck to all involved!
- NorthWood Panthers defeated Concord 10-0 on Thursday as two pitchers combined to throw a shutout. Isaac Roberts took the win. The righthander lasted five and two-thirds innings, allowing three hits and zero runs while striking out eight. Landon Kemp threw one and one-third innings in relief out of the bullpen. NorthWood scattered 13 hits in the game. Logan Balasa, Isaiah Yoder, and Beau Stankovich each collected multiple hits. Balasa led NorthWood Panthers with three hits and three runs batted in. Beau Patterson had the hot hand on Thursday, tallying five hits and leading NorthWood Panthers JV to a 16-5 victory over Concord. Patterson singled in the first, doubled in the third, doubled in the fourth, singled in the fifth, and singled in the sixth. Cody Lambert was the winning pitcher for NorthWood. He surrendered three runs on three hits over three and a third innings, striking out four. Patterson and Beachy entered the game out of the bullpen and helped to close out the game in relief. NorthWood Panthers JV collected 18 hits on the day. Patterson, Mikel-Anderson, Mashack, Beachy, and Logan Perry each racked up multiple. Tonight’s baseball game will be a varsity only contest vs Wawasee here at NorthWood. First pitch is at 5pm