NORTHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING ANNOUNCMENTS
Tuesday, March 9, 2021
- The ALA Hoosier Girls State is a program designed to educate young women of Indiana. This exciting program takes place June 20st – 26th. Any girl who will be a senior next year may apply. Please stop by the School Counseling Office to pick up an application. Applications are due by March 23rd.
- NorthWood High School Cheerleading Tryouts will be held March 29-30. Call Outs and Open Mat dates are March 23rd and 25th from 5:30-7:30 at Woodview Elementary.
Sign-up Sheets and Tryout Packets now available in the Athletic office.
- Any student interested in learning about a travel opportunity to Machu Picchu and the Amazon in Peru should meet with Mrs. Willsey in Mr. Furfaro’s room, 816, tomorrow right after school.
- Students may sign up in the counseling office to take the ACT at NorthWood on Tuesday, April 27th. We are not offering the essay and the cost is $46 for every student, regardless of free/reduced lunch status. Sign-ups will be available today through Thursday. To secure their spot, students must bring cash or a check made out to NorthWood High School. Space is limited.
- Attention students who applied for the Northwood Scholarship Foundation Scholarships. There is an opportunity for you to help-out during homeroom this Wednesday. Come to cafeteria and bring a pen to address pledge cards. The committee greatly appreciates your help!
- If you have any jewelry you want to get rid of, the 3D art department is accepting donations of jewelry for items no longer wanted, broken or even tangled! Also, they can use any buttons & beads of all sizes! Just take them to room 601.
- Applications for a four-year scholarship for $1000 a year are available in the guidance office. All graduating seniors are eligible to apply for the Dreams Come True Scholarship from the Kelsey Mikel Memorial Foundation. Application deadline is April 9.
- There will be a meeting during home room tomorrow for all volleyball players in the LGI. This includes current seniors!
- Freshman- Our Josten’s representative will be here during homeroom to meet with you in the auditorium. If you are unable to attend there will be materials you can pick up in the Guidance office following the meeting.