NORTHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING ANNOUNCMENTS
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
- NorthWood High School Cheerleading Tryouts will be held March 29-30. Call Outs and Open Mat dates are March 23rd & 25th from 5:30-7:30 at Woodview Elementary. Sign-up Sheets and Tryout Packets now available in the Athletic office.
- Students may sign up in the counseling office to take the ACT at NorthWood on Tuesday, April 27th. We are not offering the essay and the cost is $46 for every student, regardless of free/reduced lunch status. Sign-ups will be available through Thursday. To secure their spot, students must bring cash or a check made out to NorthWood High School. Space is limited.
- Applications for a four-year scholarship for $1000 a year are available in the guidance office. All graduating seniors are eligible to apply for the Dreams Come True Scholarship from the Kelsey Mikel Memorial Foundation. Application deadline is April 9.
- Any student interested in learning about a travel opportunity to Machu Picchu and the Amazon in Peru should meet with Mrs. Willsey in Mr. Furfaro’s room, 816, TODAY IN HOMEROOM.
- Spring Break Forms are now available for any student that will be missing school prior to Spring Break OR returning late from Spring Break. These forms need to be filled out completely and returned to the main office no later than Tuesday, March 30th. Spring Break Forms can be picked up in the main office. Look for the purple sheet of paper at Mrs. Bates’ desk. You may pick up these forms before or after school only.
- Key Club will meet during homeroom today.
- NorthWood BPA competed at the State Conference over the last three days and turned in a record performance.
- Drew Callander became the first BPA Academic State Champion earning top spot in Fundamental Accounting
- Ellie Wenz completed a sweep of the top two places as she was 2nd in Fundamental Accounting
- Grady Stevenson also earned a 2nd place finish in Ethics and Professionalism
These three students now advance to BPA Nationals in late April.
Also placing at state were:
- Cole Davis finishing 5th in Prepared Speech
- The Video Production team of Cole Davis, Jacob Lehman, Evan Miller and Brett Ramer finished 6th
- Ellie Wenz finished 14th in Business Law and Ethics
- Brett Ramer finished 15th in Integrated Office Application
- Elsa Lund finished 20th in Fundamental Word Processing