NORTHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING ANNOUNCMENTS
Thursday, March 4, 2021
- The ALA Hoosier Girls State is a program designed to educate young women of Indiana in the duties, rights, privileges, and responsibilities of citizenship. The young women chosen for this honor by an American Legion Auxiliary Unit are named as delegates to ALA Hoosier Girls State. This exciting program takes place June 20st – 26th.
Any girl who will be a senior next year may apply that is: interested in government, has leadership abilities, honest, and possess good character & has respect for the U.S. Flag, a love of God & Country. Please stop by the School Counseling Office to pick up an application. Applications are due by March 23rd
- This is a reminder to all NHS members, both juniors and seniors, that the NHS ceremony is this Thursday, March 4th at 7:00 P.M. in the auditorium. All members are expected to attend. Please see Mrs. Bontrager or Mrs. Koble if you have any questions.
- Fellowship of Christian Students will be meeting tomorrow before school at 7:30 AM in the choir room. This month we have two students who will be sharing. No need to join anything, just show up for a time of encouragement and listening to student testimonies!
- NorthWood High School softball practice will start on Monday for any girl interested in playing. We will be outside from 3-5:30 on Monday. Dress for the weather.
- NorthWood High School Cheerleading Tryouts will be held March 29-30. Call Outs and Open Mat dates are March 23rd and 25th from 5:30-7:30 at Woodview Elementary.
Sign-up Sheets and Tryout Packets now available in the HS Athletic office. See any current cheerleader for more information!
- Any student interested in learning about a travel opportunity to Machu Picchu and the Amazon in Peru should meet with Mrs. Willsey in Mr. Furfaro’s room, 816, on Wednesday, March 10th right after school.
- Just a reminder that the Kiwanis Indiana Foundation Scholarship applications are due in to guidance by 2:30pm today.