NORTHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING ANNOUNCMENTS
Friday, March 5, 2021
- Congratulations and well wishes to the robotics team as they compete in the Indiana State Robotics Championship tomorrow and look to punch a ticket to the World Robotics Championships. Great job robotics team!!
- The ALA Hoosier Girls State is a program designed to educate young women of Indiana in the duties, rights, privileges, and responsibilities of citizenship. The young women chosen for this honor by an American Legion Auxiliary Unit are named as delegates to ALA Hoosier Girls State. This exciting program takes place June 20st – 26th.
Any girl who will be a senior next year may apply that is: interested in government, has leadership abilities, honest, and possess good character & has respect for the U.S. Flag, a love of God & Country. Please stop by the School Counseling Office to pick up an application. Applications are due by March 23rd.
- NorthWood High School softball practice will start on Monday for any girl interested in playing. We will be outside from 3-5:30 on Monday. Dress for the weather.
- NorthWood High School Cheerleading Tryouts will be held March 29-30. Call Outs and Open Mat dates are March 23rd and 25th from 5:30-7:30 at Woodview Elementary.
Sign-up Sheets and Tryout Packets now available in the HS Athletic office. See any current cheerleader for more information!
- Any student interested in learning about a travel opportunity to Machu Picchu and the Amazon in Peru should meet with Mrs. Willsey in Mr. Furfaro’s room, 816, on Wednesday, March 10th right after school.
- Students may sign up in the counseling office to take the ACT at NorthWood on Tuesday, April 27th. We are not offering the essay and the cost is $46 for every student, regardless of free/reduced lunch status. Sign-ups will be available Monday, March 8th through Thursday, March 11th. To secure their spot, students must bring payment, which may be cash or a check made out to NorthWood High School. Space is limited.