NORTHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING ANNOUNCMENTS
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21st, 2020
- Students, reminder that the annual food drive is coming up next week. Starting October 26th, there will be items worth double their points in which you should bring into your third hour class. Each item is assigned a certain amount of points, and at the end of the week, we will be tallying & marking points, assigning a 3rd hour class winner based upon the number of pounds of food per class. The top 3 winners of the food drive will earn and incentive that consists of milk & cookies. The food drive begins Monday, October 26th and ends November 1st.
- JUNIORS: Remember that now is the time to be selling magazines for the prom fundraiser! It is all on-line this year which makes it easy! All you need to do is give your friends and family the link to order. There will be a drawing for the top sellers to earn cash and if you sell $150 worth you can earn a free prom ticket! If you have any questions, please ask Mrs. Evers or Mrs. Mathews! Get out there and sell!
- Do you like to run? Do you want to make a difference in your community? If any of these apply to you, then sign up for the Run, Run, Rudolph! The race is scheduled for the weekend of November 7. Anyone can sign up for this virtual race (which means you can run or walk with whoever you want and post all your pictures on social media). Your dogs can even walk with you and they get a special treat if they do. There’s even a prize for the person with the coolest outfit. To sign up for all of these amazing things, go to www.wanee.org and look for the heading “Our Latest News.” Under this, there will be an announcement for the race. Just click that announcement and follow the steps there. Signing up and paying the $20 entrance fee guarantees you a spot in the race and a cool shirt. Oh, and did I mention that all the proceeds will go towards helping FCDC buy gifts for the kids in our community? So, what are you waiting for? Sign up for this amazing opportunity today.
- Once again the band has earned a GOLD rating from this past week’s virtual competition. Red Regiment has earned “With Distinction” in the areas of music and visual for the 3rd week in a row. Congratulations band!
- Our Jostens rep will be here on Tuesday, October 27th, during lunch hours in the North Surge to take orders which included your cap and gown.
- IU South Bend will be doing virtual onsite admissions on November 10th. There is a signup sheet in the guidance office for this. If you have any questions, please stop in the guidance office.
- The following clubs will be meeting today during homeroom. Please wait to be dismissed by your homeroom teacher before going:
- Wrestling will meet in room 501.
- Spell Bowl Team has a mandatory meeting in room 809.
- FFA will meet in room 610
- Bring Change to Mind will meet in room 810
- Key Club will meet in the cafeteria
- Seniors will have a mandatory meeting in the auditorium with the Jostens rep to receive cap & gown order information. If you miss the meeting please stop in the guidance office to pick up your packet. Orders will be due next week the 27th.
- SENIORS: You are dismissed to the auditorium. Please sit observing social distancing!