NWHS Announcements: 05/4/21
NORTHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING ANNOUNCMENTS
Tuesday, May 4th, 2021
- Juniors and Seniors: you can buy your Prom tickets before school in room 815 between 7:30 and 7:55 or after school in room 818 between 2:30 and 3:00. Please purchase your ticket by tomorrow. Please remember, if you are bringing a graduate or a guest from another school, you need to bring your Purple guest permission forms back ASAP or your guest will not be able to attend.
- Over the last 2 weeks, the NorthWood Choirs submitted performances for the ISSMA State Organizational Contest. Freshman Choir, Treble Choir, and Concert Choir all presented selections for evaluation, and each group was awarded GOLD ratings from the panel of judges. In addition, Concert Choir scored well enough to receive the “with distinction” award for their performance. Congratulations to all the choirs!
- Attention Trap Club Members: Additional practice sessions have been setup for Thursday’s after school. Next week’s competition scoring shoot has been moved from Monday to Tuesday May 11th. Have any questions please see Mr. Hummel.
- Today’s Student Strong winner is Grace Guard! You may pick up your gift cards at the student services office!!
- Attention 2021-22 Yearbook Staffers: Please return your completed staff information planning sheets to Mrs. Bilinski today.
- Your invited to the Spring Virtual Christian College Fair! Whether you’re a junior, senior or even underclassmen, this fair can be a great help for you! Virtual booths will be available 24/7 from May 3rd to May 21st. Check in with the guidance department for more information.
- NorthWood Panthers JV defeated Goshen JV 15-2 on Monday thanks in part to Caleb Branam, who drove in eight runners. Branam drove in runs on a double in the third, a triple in the fifth, and a grand slam in the sixth. Beau Patterson drove in two a homerun of his own. Dawson Kemp took the win for NorthWood Panthers JV. The righty lasted four and two-thirds innings, allowing five hits and two runs while striking out four. Mikel-Anderson threw one and one-third innings in relief out of the bullpen. Gage Gongwer had all the right stuff on Monday for the Panthers, allowing zero runs and besting Goshen by a score of 9-0. NorthWood Panthers secured the victory thanks to seven runs in the sixth inning. Nick Lechlitner, Isaiah Yoder, Kyle Sellers, and Sergio Lira Ayala all contributed in the big inning with RBIs. Lira Ayala blasted his 4th home run of the season during the inning. Gongwer, lasted seven innings, allowing three hits and zero runs while striking out seven and walking one. Sellers led NorthWood Panthers with two hits in four at bats. NorthWood Panthers tore up the base paths, as two players stole at least two bases. Nate Newcomer led the way with three.”