NORTHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING ANNOUNCMENTS
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2020
- ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS! There are a lot of Homecoming announcements coming your way! For starters, first round of voting for homecoming has begun. Homecoming Shirts are now for sale through this Sunday! You will find the link to the online store in our Homecoming Newsletter. The newsletter will have tons of important info about the week. For example, you must register online for every event you’d like to attend. If you don’t pre-register, you will not be permitted to attend.
- Good Morning 10th graders. Quick quiz: are you on track for your dream career? Here’s a fact: 99% of all new jobs created since the great recession went to workers with at least some college. College is your ticket to success, whether you choose a bachelor’s degree, an apprenticeship program, an associate degree or a short term certificate. Use this week to explore your career interests and find out what kind of education you need to get there. Visit indianacareerready.com to learn more.
- Friday is “Our Future Starts Here” day – support your NorthWood Panthers and wear red & black!
- There will be a Call-out meeting for students interested in joining the SPELL BOWL ACADEMIC TEAM tomorrow morning at 7:45 a.m. in Room 809. All students are welcome. Practices will begin next week
- The Elkhart County College Fair will be held at Goshen High School on September 28th from 6-8pm. This will be valuable as we have temporarily suspended our college representatives’ lunchtime visits due to COVID restrictions. Register ahead of time at www.strivefair.com.
- Any student who would like to order a music letter jacket this year can get ordering information in the Performing Arts Office. Forms and money are due Thursday, October 8. See Mrs. Pauls in the Performing Arts Office if you have questions
- Attention Seniors: If you are interested in running for the Nappanee Youth Body Advisor position, see Mr. Risedorph for information. The position represents all students in the community at the city level and elected by the students at NorthWood High School. Your term would last until the conclusion of the school year.
- Auditions for the Fall Theatre Production will be held tonight and Monday evening, September 24 & 28 in the auditorium! There is a sign-up sheet on the Theatre Office door in the Performing Arts Hallway. You will only need to sign up for ONE audition time – no need to come both nights. See Mrs. Pauls if you have questions.
- FFA t-shirt order forms are due on Friday at the end of the day. Northwood FFA will have a meeting during homeroom next Wednesday, September 30th.
- Chlorine is my cologne, Divers reach new heights
Not all athletes wear shoes
Instant swimmer: just add water
If you think your sport is hard, try doing it holding your breath!
If you say any of these about yourself, please join the Swim and Dive Call outs on 9/30 during homeroom on the Panther pool deck. We will have important seasonal information and dates.
And remember; In the pool, life is cool because dive and swim rule
- The boys cross country team celebrated senior night on Tuesday by defeating Bremen 15 to 50. The boys will compete this Saturday at Huntington University. Great job runners