NORTHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING ANNOUNCMENTS
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2020
- ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS! There are a lot of Homecoming announcements coming your way! For starters, first round of voting for homecoming has begun. Homecoming Shirts are now for sale through this Sunday! You will find the link to the online store in our Homecoming Newsletter. The newsletter will have tons of important info about the week. For example, you must register online for every event you’d like to attend. If you don’t pre-register, you will not be permitted to attend.
- Hello Juniors! I hear some of you are in the driver’s seat now. Have you thought about taking a virtual or in-person college visit this year? With nearly 5,000 colleges and universities in the United States, you’ve got a lot of exploring to do. Come talk to your school counselor about getting passes for college visits, plan a trip on the weekend with your family or friends or check out virtual tours from the comfort of your couch. Visit learnmoreindiana.org/college for information on college visits. Since this week is College Go week, Thursday is Dress for Success/Future Me Day so dress in your professional clothes.
- The Elkhart County College Fair will be held at Goshen High School on September 28th from 6-8pm. This will be valuable as we have temporarily suspended our college representatives’ lunchtime visits due to COVID restrictions. Register ahead of time at www.strivefair.com.
- Any student who would like to order a music letter jacket this year can get ordering information in the Performing Arts Office. Forms and money are due Thursday, October 8. See Mrs. Pauls in the Performing Arts Office if you have questions
- Attention Seniors: If you are interested in running for the Nappanee Youth Body Advisor position, see Mr. Risedorph for information. The position represents all students in the community at the city level and elected by the students at NorthWood High School. Your term would last until the conclusion of the school year.
- Auditions for the Fall Theatre Production will be held tomorrow and Monday evening, September 24 & 28 in the auditorium! There is a sign-up sheet on the Theatre Office door in the Performing Arts Hallway. You will only need to sign up for ONE audition time – no need to come both nights. See Mrs. Pauls if you have questions.
- FFA t-shirt order forms are due on Friday at the end of the day
- Northwood FFA will have a meeting during homeroom next Wednesday, September 30th.
- Tuesday night Girls Cross Country defeated Bremen on Senior Night at McCormick Creek. Seniors Abilgail Vorhis and Reese Barhydt were honored for their four years of competing for NorthWood in Cross Country. Kaitlin Burden won the race in a time of 21:01. Emilie Allen, Jenna Markham, Savannah Slone, and Britton Jesse were the other scoring runners for the Lady Panthers. Last Saturday at the West Noble Invitational, the team placed 14th out of 28 teams. Kaitlin Burden led the Panthers again placing 34th overall