NORTHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING ANNOUNCMENTS
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2020
- A reminder about masks: masks should cover from just under the bridge of your nose to under your chin. Please make sure you are wearing it properly!
- If you are interested in becoming an FFA member and are not in Mrs. Beer’s classes this trimester, please stop by her room #610 to pick up an FFA Callout meeting card.
- Fall softball workouts will start next week. We will practice on Tuesday and Wednesdays after school 3:15-5:00. This will start on Tuesday the 8th at the softball field
- Swim and dive pre-season practices start Saturday 9/5 @ 9am-12pm and Tuesdays starting 9/8 @ 6-7:30pm for the month of September
- The Girls Golf team shot a 167 to finish their NLC regular season at 6-1 overall. Cybil Stillson and Bre Goss tied for medalist with a 40. The Girls Golf Team honored senior co-captain and four-year letter-winner, Abbie Richner, on senior night as well.
- Attention Baseball Players: Practice will be tomorrow afternoon from 12-2pm. Show up early for field prep & and bring a RED & a BLACK shirt and all baseball equipment
- The boys varsity soccer team defeated Bremen last night 5-2. Andre De Freitas led the team with 4 goals. The JV boys soccer team beat Bremen 3-0. Solomon Yegon led the JV with 3 goals
- The RUHE Road Runners Suicide Prevention “A Run for Purpose” will be Tuesday, September 8, 2020 from 6pm-9pm.
September 6 – September 12 is National Suicide Prevention Week, along with the month of September being National Suicide Prevention month. Suicide is a national health problem that currently ranks as the 2nd leading cause of death for ages 10-24. Suicide is also one of the leading causes of preventable death in our nation. Join us for this special 3 mile run/walk as we come together as a community to raise awareness for suicide prevention. Show your support and wear purple and teal. This is a FREE event. All ages & paces are welcome.