NORTHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING ANNOUNCMENTS
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 20TH, 2020
- JUNIORS: Remember that now is the time to be selling magazines for the prom fundraiser! It is all on-line this year which makes it easy! All you need to do is give your friends and family the link to order. There will be a drawing for the top sellers to earn cash and if you sell $150 worth you can earn a free prom ticket! If you have any questions, please ask Mrs. Evers or Mrs. Mathews! Get out there and sell!
- Do you like to run? Do you want to make a difference in your community? If any of these apply to you, then sign up for the Run, Run, Rudolph! The race is scheduled for the weekend of November 7. Anyone can sign up for this virtual race (which means you can run or walk with whoever you want and post all your pictures on social media). Your dogs can even walk with you and they get a special treat if they do. There’s even a prize for the person with the coolest outfit. To sign up for all of these amazing things, go to www.wanee.org and look for the heading “Our Latest News.” Under this, there will be an announcement for the race. Just click that announcement and follow the steps there. Signing up and paying the $20 entrance fee guarantees you a spot in the race and a cool shirt. Oh, and did I mention that all the proceeds will go towards helping FCDC buy gifts for the kids in our community? So, what are you waiting for? Sign up for this amazing opportunity today.
- Workouts for Wrestling will begin this week for those not currently in a fall sport. Workouts are on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00-4:30. Bring your running shoes as well as indoor/outdoor attire. The info meeting will be tomorrow during homeroom in room 501.
- Attention Spell Bowl Academic Team: there will be a mandatory meeting during Homeroom tomorrow, Wednesday, 21st in Coach Vorhis’s room, 809. Bring your calendars. Check your email for details
- There will be an FFA meeting in room #610 during homeroom tomorrow
- Seniors will have a mandatory meeting in the auditorium during homeroom tomorrow with the Jostens rep to receive cap & gown order information. If you miss the meeting please stop in the guidance office to pick up your packet. Orders will be due next week the 27th
- IU South Bend will be doing virtual onsite admissions on November 10th. There is a signup sheet in the guidance office for this. If you have any questions, please stop in the guidance office.
- Congratulations to the following students for qualifying for the 2020 Indiana Bandmasters Association All-District Band: Sam Schlatter, Mattie Yoder, Ali Miller, Grant Criss
- Ben Vincent finished another great season of tennis on Saturday in the Individual Singles Regional in Kokomo. Ben finishes the year at 22-3 and his Varsity career at 71-8. Congratulations Ben!
- Congratulations to the boys’ cross country team on their second straight team semi-state appearance. The boys team placed 4th at regionals Saturday posting a top five average time of 17 minutes 18 seconds for the five kilometer distance. The boys team will compete in the New Haven Semi-State on Saturday. Great job runners
- The Boys Soccer Team made history Saturday night by winning their first Regional Championship with a 2-1 win over St. Joe. Sebastian Guillen and Chase Duerksen scored goals for the Panthers to move their record to 15-3-3 on the season. The boys will compete for the semi-state championship on Saturday at 3 pm at St. Joe High School against Fort Wayne Canterbury