NORTHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING ANNOUNCMENTS
Monday, March 8, 2021
- The ALA Hoosier Girls State is a program designed to educate young women of Indiana in the duties, rights, privileges, and responsibilities of citizenship. This exciting program takes place June 20st – 26th. Any girl who will be a senior next year may apply. Please stop by the School Counseling Office to pick up an application. Applications are due by March 23rd.
- NorthWood High School Cheerleading Tryouts will be held March 29-30. Call Outs and Open Mat dates are March 23rd and 25th from 5:30-7:30 at Woodview Elementary.
Sign-up Sheets and Tryout Packets now available in the HS Athletic office. See any current cheerleader for more information!
- Any student interested in learning about a travel opportunity to Machu Picchu and the Amazon in Peru should meet with Mrs. Willsey in Mr. Furfaro’s room, 816, on Wednesday right after school.
- Students may sign up in the counseling office to take the ACT at NorthWood on Tuesday, April 27th. We are not offering the essay and the cost is $46 for every student, regardless of free/reduced lunch status. Sign-ups will be available today through Thursday, March 11th. To secure their spot, students must bring cash or a check made out to NorthWood High School. Space is limited.
- Attention students who applied for the Northwood Scholarship Foundation Scholarships. There is an opportunity for you to help-out during homeroom this Wednesday. Come to cafeteria and bring a pen to address pledge cards. The committee greatly appreciates your help!
- If you have any jewelry you want to get rid of, the 3D art department is accepting donations of jewelry for items no longer wanted, broken or even tangled! Also, they can use any buttons & beads of all sizes! Just take them to room 601.
- Applications for a four-year scholarship for $1000 a year are available in the guidance office. All graduating seniors are eligible to apply for the Dreams Come True Scholarship from the Kelsey Mikel Memorial Foundation. Application deadline is April 9.
- Your NorthWood Robotics team competed in the Indiana State Robotics Championship on Saturday placing 14th and 34th out of 50 teams. The teams are currently ranked 93rd and 358th in the World rankings. Congratulations robotics team.
- There will be a meeting during home room on Wednesday for all volleyball players in the LGI. This includes current seniors!
- Congratulations to all solo & ensemble participants this past weekend. NorthWood earned all GOLD ratings--- every event---GOLD.
- Gold Ensembles earned by:
Low Brass Choir
Lg Percussion Ensemble