NORTHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING ANNOUNCMENTS
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8TH, 2020
- Any student interest in joining any Academic Teams this year is invited to meet in the cafeteria right after school Thursday, October 8th. This is an information, question and answer session. Information about academic teams will be share, and each coach will provide specifics on their topics of study this year. You do not need to have competed before to join. Everyone is welcome to come and find out more about academic teams. The meeting will conclude by 3:15pm.
- There will be a wrestling meeting in Room 501 during homeroom, Wednesday, October 14.
- Any student who would like to order a music letter jacket this year can get ordering information in the Performing Arts Office. Forms and money are due Thursday, October 8. See Mrs. Pauls in the Performing Arts Office if you have questions
- Number 1 Singles player, Ben Vincent, won his match against Elkhart’s Spencer Dexter, 6-3,6-1. He will play at Concord at 5:00 tonight against Jimtown’s, Matt Margraf in the Individual Singles Sectional Championship! Good luck Ben!!
- The 8th ranked boys soccer team defeated West Noble 2-0 last night in the sectional semifinal. Nick Lechlitner and Andre De Freitas each had a goal. Andre De Freitas set a new school record with his 60th career goal. Sebastian Guillen broke the single season assists record with his 17th of the season. The panthers play Angola at West Noble on Saturday at 7 pm for the Sectional Championship!
- This week we celebrating German-American week. We live in a global economy and German companies contribute over 350 billion dollars to the American economy every year and provide over 500 thousand jobs here in the US. Not to mention the business, Germany provides for American companies abroad. Today´s contest answers are the names of several possible men. The first two men had the novel idea in the 1880´s- the adhesive bandage. A little wound didn´t need a full-size bandage, but small bandages always fell off. It wasn´t until 1901, when the small adhesive bandage was truly invented and popularized by someone else. If you know who any of these men might be, stop by Frau Grimm’s room, put your name and answer on a piece of paper and you may be drawn to win.
- Hunters Hideaway is looking to hire multiple To Go servers for nights & weekends. This job consists of taking orders over the phone, bagging orders, cashing out customers and other various tasks for the restaurant. Shifts usually start at 4pm and got until 8-9pm. Pay is $9 an hour plus tips. You can go in and fill out an application in person anytime or apply on Indeed. They would love to fill these positions with local kids from our community!