To be eligible for kindergarten, a child must be five years of age on or before August 1, 2018.
If you were unable to attend our Kindergarten Round Up in March, please plan on bringing your child with you when enrolling. We will be administering an assessment to all incoming kindergarten students. The purpose of our kindergarten assessment is to gather information on students, to assist in planning our kindergarten classes, and to assist parents in preparing their child for kindergarten. You should allow approximately 1 hour to complete the enrollment and assessment process.
If you are unsure which elementary district you live in please contact the Administration Office for additional information at (574) 773-3131.
Information you will need to bring to enroll your child includes:
- Legal Birth Certificate from the County Health Department where they were born. *A Birth Certificate with footprints from the hospital will not work.
- Proof of Residency Documentation indicating your address is within the Wa-Nee District (i.e. utility bill, mortgage, rental agreement, driver's license, etc.)
- Custody paperwork (if applicable)
- Immunization Records (shot records)
- Kindergarten physical form
We must have a birth certificate and students must have all required state immunizations in order to start school in August.