Mission Statement: The mission of the NorthWood Achievement Academy is to build positive relationships with students and their families, create academic plans based on individual needs and empower students to take responsibility for their actions and success.
NWAA is committed to providing a non-traditional educational option for students who have struggled in traditional settings due to a variety of reasons or need a flexible learning environment to meet their graduation goals. We have students who attend the Academy and:
- hold part-time jobs.
- are on the Academic Honors Diploma track.
- graduate at the end of their junior year.
- earn work-based learning credits.
- play JV and Varsity sports at the high school.
- participate in band and choir.
- are on the yearbook staff.
- are active participants in FFA.
- attend the Elkhart Career Center to earn certifications.
- take elective credits half-days at the high school.
- finish their classes and graduate early throughout their senior year.
- have full-time employment opportunities after graduation.
- attend two- and four- year colleges or trade schools after graduation.
The Academy is currently using the Edgenuity online curriculum for core and elective classes. The Academy offers:
- class sizes of no more than 15 students per licensed teacher.
- self-paced learning allows students to work at a pace that fits their needs and learning style.
- work-based learning opportunities for juniors and seniors.
- coordinated learning efforts with the high school as well as local businesses and industries.
We are excited to be working with your students and invite you to learn more about the Academy.
CONGRATULATIONS to our 2023 graduates: