NORTHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING ANNOUNCMENTS
Thursday, April 22, 2021
- Attention all students: The mask ordinance is in effect for all schools in the State of Indiana for the remainder of the school year. All students must wear masks and it is important to wear them correctly covering both the nose and the mouth. Elkhart county moved back into the orange category on Wednesday and mask wearing will help everyone to stay as safe as possible. Thank you for your continued cooperation.
- Students interested in running for Student Council for the 2021-22 school year should pay attention to their emails and Skyward Access Portals. Applications have been sent and you may print & complete them, and then submit them to Mr. Risedorph by Friday. If applications are not submitted, you will not be able to run or join student council for the 2021-22 school year.
- The Prom Club Committee will meet Wednesday, April 28th during homeroom.
- Juniors and Seniors: you can buy your Prom tickets before school in room 815 between 7:30 and 7:55 or after school in room 818 between 2:30 and 3:00. Tickets are $35 per person. The prom will take place at Riverside Terrace in Mishawaka on May 15th.
- We are having an art show at the end of the year! If you are a senior who has taken art classes and interested in setting up a senior show case at the art show, please come to Mrs. McGowen’s room 820 to pick up the information and the application. The senior show case spots will be first come, first serve so don’t wait! The applications are due on May 7.
- The Nappanee Family Eyecare Scholarship will award $1,000 to an applicant who is a current high school senior accepted for admission and planning to attend a four-year college or university this fall as a full-time student. The awarded scholarship will be chosen upon demonstration in academic achievement, participation in extracurricular activities and community involvement. The scholarship recipient should have an interest in pursuing an education and/or training in preparation for the healthcare industry. Completed applications and transcripts must be submitted to the guidance office NO LATER than April 30th, 2021 to be considered. Applications are available in the guidance office.