NWHS Announcements: 05/5/21
NORTHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING ANNOUNCMENTS
Wednesday, May 5th, 2021
- Guidance office will be closed during homeroom due to the senior meeting.
- Any FFA members interested in the Veterinary Science Competition need to come to Mrs. Beers’ room during homeroom today.
- Juniors and Seniors: you can buy your Prom tickets before school in room 815 between 7:30 and 7:55 or after school in room 818 between 2:30 and 3:00. Please purchase your ticket by today. If you are bringing a guest, you MUST turn in the guest form prior to prom! If we don’t have the form, your guest will NOT be permitted into prom! At this time, there are 40 forms still needed! Please return the form to Mrs. Evers or Mrs. Mathews ASAP!
- Attention Trap Club Members: Additional practice sessions have been setup for Thursday’s after school. Next week’s competition scoring shoot has been moved from Monday to Tuesday, May 11th. Have any questions please see Mr. Hummel.
- Your invited to the Spring Virtual Christian College Fair! Whether you’re a junior, senior or even underclassmen, this fair can be a great help for you! Virtual booths will be available 24/7 from May 3rd to May 21st. Check in with the guidance department for more information.
- Today’s winner of the student strong giveaway is Lili Lomeli!! Congratulations! You may pick up your prize in the student services office!!!
- All boys interested in playing basketball. There is a meeting in Mr. Wolfe’s room (703) Friday morning at 7:45am.
- NorthWood Girls Track sent the senior class out in style by defeating Concord 72-60 and Goshen 80-50 to finish the NLC regular season round robin meets at 3-4.The Lady Panthers dominated the track events by winning the 100 (Megan Mikel, 13.50), the 400 (Alea Minnich, 1:04.77), the 800 and 1600 (Kaitlin Burden, 2:35.95 and 5:39.26), the 100 Hurdles (Reagan Koble, 17.96), the 300 Hurdles (Hannah Chupp, 53.18), the 4 x 400 Relay (Joslyn Miller, Megan Mikel, Aaliyah Bonner, Alea Minnich, 4:30.09), and the 4 x 800 Relay (Kaitlin Burden, Alea Minnich, Kendal Miller, Emilie Allen, 10:45.15). Emilie Allen and Kendal Miller also helped Kaitlin Burden in a sweep of the 800. Girls Track will be in the Goshen Relays on Saturday with field events beginning at 9:00 am and running events at 10:00 am. The Northern Lakes Conference Championship meet will take place at Warsaw on Tuesday, May 11.
THAT’S ALL FOR TODAY, HAVE A GREAT DAY!