NORTHWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - MORNING ANNOUNCMENTS
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2020
- Bring Change To Mind will meet tomorrow during homeroom in Room 811
- There will be an FFA meeting, Wednesday (tomorrow) during homeroom, in room 610 for all new and existing FFA members. You will need to go to your homeroom first and then after announcements come to Mrs. Beer’s room for the meeting.
- ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS! CHECK YOUR EMAILS… I’LL WAIT… SERIOUSLY… CHECK YOUR EMAIL. There are a lot of Homecoming announcements coming your way!
For starters, first round of voting for homecoming has begun. There will be multiple rounds coming to your email throughout this week!
Homecoming Shirts are now for sale through this Sunday! We have short sleeve shirts for $10 and a long sleeve shirt option for $14! You will find the link to the online store in our Homecoming Newsletter coming to your email very soon!
The newsletter will have tons of important info about the week. For example, you must register online for every event you’d like to attend. If you don’t pre-register, you will not be permitted to attend.
- SENIORS: this is your week! College Go! Is all about helping you get where you want to go with your future. But you can’t go if you don’t apply. So, go to learnmoreindiana.com/college to find links to Indiana colleges, and commit to applying to at least one college this week. A lot of colleges in Indiana are even waiving their application fees this week. Remember – we’re here to help. Teachers and counselors would love to help you get that essay in perfect shape, write you a recommendation letter, or even talk to you about any questions you might have.
- Since this week is College Go week, Wednesday is College Day so wear your favorite college colors &/or gear.
- The Elkhart County College Fair will be held at Goshen High School on September 28th from 6-8pm. This will be valuable as we have temporarily suspended our college representatives’ lunchtime visits due to COVID restrictions. Register ahead of time at www.strivefair.com.
- Gabby Vincent would like to invite you to See You at the Pole tomorrow morning. Every year on See You at the Pole Day, students across the country gather around their school’s flagpole to pray for teachers, families, friends, and the nation. We would love for you to join us this Wednesday at 7:20 around our flagpole to pray with us. All are welcome!
- Any student who would like to order a music letter jacket this year can get ordering information in the Performing Arts Office. Forms and money are due Thursday, October 8. See Mrs. Pauls in the Performing Arts Office if you have questions
- Attention Seniors: If you are interested in running for the Nappanee Youth Body Advisor position, see Mr. Risedorph for information. The position represents all students in the community at the city level and elected by the students at NorthWood High School. Your term would last until the conclusion of the school year.
- The boys’ cross-country team competed at the West Noble Invitational on Saturday. The varsity placed 7th out of 26 teams and the JV 3rd out of 9 teams. Come support your senior runners tonight for senior night at home. The girls run at 5:30 and the boys at 6.