Position: Assistant Principal/Athletic Director - NorthWood Middle School
Enrollment: Approximately 700, 6-8 grades
1. Valid Indiana license for Middle School Supervision, minimum of a Masters Degree in Education.
2. Successful experience as a classroom teacher, minimum 5 years, preferably in a Middle School setting.
3. Successful coaching experience preferably with Middle School students.
1. Strong moral and ethical attributes.
2. Excellent communication skills.
3. Excellent organization skills.
4. Excellent problem solving skills.
5. Ability to work well in a team environment.
6. Leadership skills in staff and curricular development.
7. Strong knowledge of instruction, learning, and classroom management.
8. Excellent interpersonal skills evidenced by the ability to work with and motivate students, staff and parents.
9. Ability to use technology as a working and instructional tool.
1. Provide instructional leadership.
2. Manage and monitor school climate and student discipline.
3. Supervise personnel.
4. Evaluate staff and program effectiveness.
5. Implement policies and procedures.
6. Manage and supervise athletic programs.
7. Assist principal in all aspects of school leadership and management.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Contract: 215 days per year, 2-year contract beginning July 1, 2013
1. Salary commensurate with experience.
2. Benefits in accordance with Corporation policy.
Applications are due on or before May 29, 2013
1. Letter of Interest
2. Complete Resume
3. Minimum of three (3) letters of reference
4. Current college/university transcripts
5. Copy of Administrative license
6. Completed Wa-Nee application form
7. Written statement about the role of the assistant principal in improving student achievement through a robust teacher evaluation process
Request an application packet by contacting:
Mrs. Lisa Hall
Wa-Nee Community Schools
1300 N Main St
Nappanee, IN 46550
Selection process time table:
All applications submitted by: May 29, 2013
Interviews conducted: June 4, 2013
Recommendation for Board approval: June 10, 2013