Hi, I am Deb Fisher.
In the Resource Room, we are working on Reading, Writing and Math skills on each student'slevel. Students are given small group instruction that reinforces classroom academics.
Reading Strategiesyou can use when your child gets stuck on a word:
1. Reread the Sentence.
2. Sound out the word.
3. Use picture clues.
4. Look for "chunks" in the word.
5. Connect to a word you know.
6. Read on further for clues.
1. Set up a study area.
2. Schedule daily homework time.
3. Encourage your child to work independently.
4. Motivate your child with praise.
Keep in mind: Family is the FIRST school for young children