The Free & Reduced Meal application is now a part of our new Skyward Family Access online process. Parent/Guardians will need to login to their Skyward Family Access portal found on the Wa-Nee Community Schools website and click on the Skyward tab at the top of the page to complete the application for free or reduced meals and textbook assistance for their child(ren). Applying online will not only save time it will also ensure that we have accurate, up-to-date information for your child(ren), and will allow for the direct submission of the application allowing for quicker processing of the application.
Please do not use a Smartphone when completing the Free & Reduced Meal application. We have found that families who have tried this have not been able to successfully complete their application.
If you need assistance or internet access to complete the application, please stop by the School Office your where your child attends or the Wa-Nee Community Schools Administration Office, and we will be glad to assist you.
Through the Skyward Family Access portal Parent/Guardians will also be able to:
- Make deposits into your child’s lunch account
- Pay Textbook Rental Fees (TBR)
- Apply for free or reduced meals
Items to remember when completing an application for free or reduced-price meals & textbook assistance
- Please fill out only one application per household listing all students and their grade levels living in the household. We will notify individual buildings of your child's assistance for meals and/or textbooks.
- You must provide ALL GROSS income information for your household. Applications that state "No Income or Zero Income" can only be approved temporarily and you will be contacted to provide proof of income to continue your child's benefits.
- Households receiving Food Stamps or TANF need to supply us with their TANF Case Number. Your TANF number is a 10-digit number beginning with 1-0 and can be found on any correspondence you have received from Child and Family Services. This IS NOT your EBT or Hoosier Healthwise number.
- Please make sure you provide us with a complete application. Applications without the last four digits of your social security number or that have not been signed are considered incomplete and cannot be processed.
- If you need assistance with both school meals and textbooks, please remember to provide all the required information household income) and SIGNATURES in both STEP 4 and STEP 5 of the application.
Please review the Parent/Guardian instruction letter for more detailed instructions on how to apply for free or reduced meals and other benefits.
Should you have any questions, you may contact Lisa Hall at the Wa-Nee Administration Office, 1300 N Main St, Nappanee, IN 46550 or call 574-773-3131.